Before you apply
Check that you are eligible to work in Australia with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
- Conditions for working while studying
- In summary, you can work up to 40 hours per fortnight during your course. This excludes any work undertaken as a registered component of your course of study or training.
- You can work unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks.
- Family members can work up to 40 hours per fortnight at all times
- Family members can work unlimited hours if the minimum study is at least Master’s degree
- Holidays -´Most education providers will give you around 10 weeks holiday. During this time you can work unlimited hours.´You can also take 1 month holiday on your own accord. In this time you can visit your family back in your home country.
- Conditions for work after graduation
- You may be entitled for post graduate visa which you can work and family member unlimited hours from 1.5 to 4 hours. This will be dependent on your visa subclass and course you have chosen.
- Information on the temporary graduate visa