The Diploma of Health Science allows students to undertake higher education studies equivalent to the first year of a bachelor degree for personal interest, to upgrade knowledge, or to allow a taste of study prior to transitioning into a full degree.
If you articulate into one our Bachelor of Health Science courses, you will choose a specialisation from:
- Bachelor of Health Science – Naturopathy
- Bachelor of Health Science – Nutritional Medicine
- Bachelor of Health Science -Western herbal medicine
The one-year Diploma of Health Science, approved by national Australian accreditation body TEQSA (Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency), explores the foundational sciences required for higher education in complementary medicine. Study includes the biological and social sciences and research studies that all healthcare practitioners must understand. They form the structure that supports the study of holistic medicine and provide integral knowledge of how the body functions in health, how to communicate effectively with clients and the role of research and evidence based practice in complementary medicine.
Our Diploma of Health Science provides:
- Specialist facilities with multi-modality clinical training focusing on a holistic clinical environment
- A one-year higher education option (AQF level 6)
- A broad foundation in complementary medicine
- Guaranteed entry to SSNT Health Science degrees
- Government accreditation (FEE-help eligible)
Note: Graduates from the Diploma of Health Science are guaranteed direct entry to the second year of any of the relevant bachelor degree courses.